9/18/09

Welcome to Miami!

Recently L and I went to Miami for a weekend getaway. It was my first time visiting the city and I am highly upset with myself that I waited this long.

We had the opportunity to stay at the all suite Hilton Bentley on South Beach and I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is travelling to the area. The hotel is located on Ocean Drive and is associated with the Bentley Beach Club. The hotel staff was extremely friendly and went out of their way to make sure our stay was perfect.

Some friends of ours decided to join us on the trip and we all had a great time hanging out together. On our first night there, we all dined at Gaia Ristorante, an Italian restaurant located inside the hotel. We were actually waited on by the restaurant manager who provided us with excellent service. L is a huge shrimp scampi fan and did not see it on the menu. When the manager overheard our conversation about the scampi, he offered to have it specially prepared for us. Amazing service!
To end our first night in town, L and I decided to check out some local clubs. Earlier, he asked the bartender for club recommendations and she provided us with a list of local spots. During dinner, she brought a couple of passes to Sobe Live to us granting free admission. Besides waiting in line for and hour and having too much to drink I had a great time dancing and hanging out with my hubby.
Saturday was devoted to relaxing on the beach and recovering from the night before. We also and the opportunity to have dinner with another friend who has relocated to the area.
Sadly, all good vacations must come to and end. This was one of the best trips I've had and can not wait to return to the city. Next time I hope to experience other aspects and areas of the city. Below are a few pictures from the weekend.

hustle man is everywhere :-)

view from the beach
my favorite spot near the hotel pool

2 comments:

Mrs. G said...

Looks like fun!

Shaz said...

Looks like great vacay. Loves Miami!! Your pics make me want to go back.