9/27/09

You told Harpo to beat me?!?!

"The Color Purple" is one of my all time favorite movies. On last night, my sister and I had the wonderful opportunity to see the musical production here in Atlanta.

Fantasia reprised her role as 'Miss Celie' and did not disappoint. I loved her on American Idol. However, I did not care too much for her solo efforts as they would result in screaming. During the production, I really enjoyed her pure singing ability. She had to throw in a few screams here and there but it worked for the musical number she was performing.

Of course, "The Color Purple" would not be the "The Color Purple" without 'Sophia'. I loved when the die hard fans of the movie began to recite lines in unison with 'Sophia'. The entire cast did an excellent job and I hope to see it again.

I highly recommend you check out if it comes to your area.

No comments: