9/25/09

The Flying Biscuit

Today's team lunch was at The Flying Biscuit Cafe located in the midtown area of Atlanta. I've heard mixed reviews about the place but wanted to try it out for myself.

The midtown is super tiny and they make use of every available inch of space literally. It was really noisy since everyone had to attempt to speak over the conversations from surrounding tables. Besides that I really like the in town location and feel of the place. It reminds me of some of my favorite hangout spots in Chicago.

Of course we came to try the food. It is not your traditional southern breakfast spot. I noticed they did not serve any beef or pork products only chicken and turkey. I decided to try the 'high flyer'-two large farm fresh eggs served with our signature chicken breakfast sausage plus an organic oatmeal pancake topped with warm peach compote. It was also served with their signature potatoes and biscuit. I sampled some of everything but did not care too much for the oatmeal pancake.

I really enjoyed everything and think I will pick up some of their biscuits for our next large family meal. Heck, I may even try to pass them off as mine though my family will know better. :-)

Check them out if you get the opportunity.

3 comments:

Mrs. G said...

I like the one in Little Five Points better. It's not as noisy and has a different vibe.

TBB said...

the "community dining" does sound like the Original Pancake house in Chicago--sometimes you don't mind it--other times you just want to sit with people you know :)

Bianca C said...

Looks like you had a good time. Since I am on Atl quite a bit, I am learning some good stuff from your posts!

Also, I gave you a blogger award for your blog!