8/22/09

White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies

I originally intended to make these cookies for Inauguration Day in honor of President Obama. Well laziness got the best of me and the ingredients just hung out in my pantry until I came across the white chocolate chips last week. I must say, I am so mad at myself for not making these sooner because they are wonderful. My co-workers will enjoy these on Monday.

White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies

Recipe from Brown Eyed Baker

2 cups all purpose flour ½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt (I omitted since I only had salted butter)
¾ cup melted butter
1 cup packed light brown sugar
½ cup white sugar
1 egg
1 egg yolk
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 ½ cups chopped macadamia nuts
2 cups white chocolate chips

1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Grease baking sheets or line with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt and set aside.
3. Beat together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar. Beat in the egg, then beat in the egg yolk, then beat in the vanilla.
4. Gradually add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture until just moistened. Stir in the macadamia nuts and white chocolate chip by hand with a rubber spatula.
5. Roll into balls or drop by heaping tablespoons onto baking sheets, and press down on the cookies with your palm a bit to flatten.
6. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until edges look golden brown and the middles don't look quite set. Allow to finish cooling on the baking sheet.

1 comment:

healthycoffeemom said...

Sounds awesome!
I had while choc. chip bread at club med & it was waaaaaaaaaay 2 good!
Thanks 4 the recipe