8/23/09

Get Yo' Man Chicken

Today's dinner recipe is from Gina Neely of "Down Home with the Neely's". Since I had all the ingredients on hand, I just had to try it. While cooking, it reminded me of the smells of my mother's kitchen on a Sunday afternoon. Hope you enjoy it as well.

Get Yo' Man Chicken

2 tablespoons olive oil
6 chicken thighs, skinless
1 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoons pepper
1 medium onion, sliced
1 cup chicken stock
1/2 cup white wine
1 (14.5-ounce) can crushed tomatoes in thick puree (I used fire roasted tomatoes)
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 tablespoon dried rosemary
1 tablespoon lemon-pepper
Hot buttered rice ( I used yellow rice)
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves

Directions
Heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat.
Pat chicken dry with a paper towel and season with salt and pepper. Brown the chicken, meat-side down first, and turning once, about 4 minutes on each side. Transfer to a plate to reserve.

Pour off all but 1 tablespoon of oil from the pan.
Add onion to the pan and saute until tender, roughly 3 minutes. Add the stock and wine and stir, scrapping any brown bits off the bottom of the pan. Turn heat to high and reduce by half, about 3 minutes.

Pour in the crushed tomatoes and add the dried herbs and lemon pepper. Add the chicken thighs back into the pan.Cover and cook on medium-low heat for 40 minutes.

Remove chicken from liquid and serve on hot buttered rice. Ladle the sauce on top and garnish with fresh chopped parsley.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

this sounds yummy. have you tried their (Neelys) Corn Chowder? a coworker who loves to cook and experiment, just prepared that and we all got to taste. it was GREAT! i now have the recipe to try...I'm gonna wait until the weather cools down a bit though. :)

Nika said...

No, I haven't tried that yet. I'll had that to my winter soup rotation.