8/19/09

Angel Hair With Spicy Shrimp

I absolutely love Brown and Bridal and the things I've learned from the fabulous ladies that frequent the site. I found out about this recipe while reading the weekly menu of one of the posters and just had to try it.

Angel Hair with Spicy Shrimp

3/4 pound angel hair pasta or spaghetti
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 pound frozen peeled and deveined medium shrimp, thawed
3/4 cup dry white wine
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
kosher salt
2 tablespoons butter

Directions

1. Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain the pasta and return it to the pot.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute (do not let it brown). Add the shrimp, wine, red pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Simmer until the shrimp are opaque, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the butter until melted.
3. Toss the pasta with the shrimp mixture.

I modified it slightly be increasing the amount of crushed red pepper and adding 1/4 teaspoon of ground red pepper. This one will go in the recipe binder.

Enjoy!


4 comments:

Mrs. Chy said...

Hey Nika! what kind of white wine do you use? DH and I don't drink wine so I have no clue! LOVE this recipe!

Nika said...

I use an inexpensive chardonnay. I am not a big wine drinker so I buy the small 500 ml carton and keep it in the fridge. It has a convenient twist cap so you don't have to deal with a cork.

Enjoy!

Unknown said...

this recipe sounds simple but still nice. I will have to try this at some point. I love pasta and hubby loves shrimp. lol

Mrs. Chy said...

Thank you so much!