8/26/09

Hot & Spicy Chicken Quesadillas

Occasionally, L and I will take a late night ride to Taco Cabana for a chicken quesadilla, margarita and some people watching. I wanted to see I can make a quesadilla to rival theirs and am quite pleased with the result. I followed the recipe below but marinated the chicken overnight in McCormick's chipotle pepper marinade. Also, I added some fire roasted peppers and onions I found in the freezer section of Trader Joe's. Enjoy!



Hot and Spicy Chicken Quesadillas
Adapted from CD Kitchen

2 teaspoons Olive oil
2 Boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips
2 tablespoons Chili sauce
1 Jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
4 Flour tortillas (8-inch size)
1 cup Shredded Cheddar cheese
4 teaspoons Canola oil or plain vegetable oil

Directions:

  • Preheat a griddle on medium heat on top of the stove. Add the olive oil to the hot pan. Place the chicken strips, chili sauce, peppers, onion and jalapeno pepper in the pan and sauté until cooked through, approximately 3-5 minutes. Remove and reserve.
  • Wipe the pan clean.
  • Place the chicken mixture on one half of each of the flour tortillas. Sprinkle with cheese and fold over to form a half circle.
  • Again, preheat the griddle on medium. Oil the cooking surface with one tsp. Canola oil. Place a filled tortilla on the cooking surface. Cook until light brown. Turn. Repeat with the other three tortillas. Slice each tortilla into three wedges and serve with salsa and black beans.

2 comments:

Bianca C said...

Hey Miss Nika! Thanks for stopping by my spot. I fixed the link to my ebay seller. I realized it was not going to ebay LOL!

I LOVE your blog! I read it to my husband. He was so impressed. I love how your journey is evolving, and you are making your own "adventures" so to speak.

Can't wait to read more!

Shaz said...

I've never made these but my hubby loves them. I will pass the recipe along to him and let you know how they turn out. Thanks!