8/18/09

Bringing Crockpot Tuesdays Back

Today, I decided to pull out my crock pot. I tried a recipe I found on Publix's Simple Meals. You have to love a one dish meal.

Ingredients
1 (18-ounce) bottle barbecue sauce
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1 tablespoon flour
3/4 cup cooked sweet Vidalia onions and peppers
1 1/2 pounds boneless pork loin chops
1 teaspoon Montreal steak seasoning

Steps
1. Preheat slow cooker on high.
2. Stir together in slow cooker: barbecue sauce, sugar and flour.
3. Stir in onions and peppers.
4. Sprinkle both sides of pork chops with steak seasoning. Add to slow cooker and submerge in barbecue sauce. Wash hands.
5. Cover, reduce heat to low and cook 8-10 hours. Serve.
All in all, it was ok and I prefer real BBQ since it is so flavorful. If I make this again, I may marinate the chops or add some extra seasonings.

1 comment: