6/2/09

Mmmm mmm good!


Tonight I made this shrimp recipe for dinner. It was so delish and I will be adding this to my recipe collection. I got the recipe from a forum discussion on Brown and Bridal. I tweaked it a little bit using fire roasted tomatoes and cut the recipe in half . Also, I couldn't find pepper wine and improvised using grape juice with some red pepper flakes and a dash of white zinfandel. Lastly, I served it over yellow rice with some steamed asparagus.


Jamaican Pepper Shrimp


2 pounds of shelled shrimp
3 cloves of garlic crushed
3 chilies of red peppers
2 limes, juiced
2 cans of whole tomatoes
1 onion, chopped

1 scallion, chopped
1 tablespoon pepper wine
salt & pepper to taste
2 tablespoons of olive oil

Saute garlic, onions, scallion, hot peppers for 1 min. in olive oil. Stir in lime juice, tomatoes, salt, and pepper. Cook for 5 min. Add shrimp and pepper wine. Cook until shrimp are completely done. Serve over rice.

2 comments:

Shaz said...

Great job Nika!
Ok, I'm making this tonight!

sonya said...

Looks so delicious!