6/4/09

I'm a Fan Now!

Last week, some girlfriends and I went to see jazz violinist, Ken Ford perform at Wednesday Wind Down held in Centennial Park. Several of my friends are fans and after seeing him perform I can truly understand why.

I really love music especially when there is pure instrumentation. I was expecting him to do some standard jazz tunes but he surprised me by doing a cover of Jamie Foxx's "Blame It On the Alcohol'. Ok, I don't like that song...it reminds me of T-Pain, however, after hearing it played by violin I can hear the music and not the vocals and can now appreciate it. Also included in his set was one of my favorite songs, "Summer Madness" by Kool & the Gang. The entire show was great and look forward to seeing him perform again.

If you get the opportunity to see him perform, please do so. You won't be disappointed.

1 comment:

Shaz said...

Love Ken Ford! I'm a lover of Jazz music period. I especially love when Jazz Artists cover R&B songs, it shows their range.

This weekend is the Jazz Fest in MD. I will be there as well.

Glad you had a good time. :)