10/13/09

Crockpot Salsa Chicken

This is another recipe I found out about on BrownandBridal.com. Several ladies who frequent the board have tried the dish and I decided to jump on board. It was really easy and had my house smelling fabulous all day. I served with yellow rice and black beans.

Try it on your next crock pot day. Enjoy!

CROCKPOT SALSA CHICKEN
recipe courtesy of 'Kilen'

4 frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup salsa
1 package reduced sodium taco seasoning
1 can reduced fat cream of mushroom soup (condensed) or cream of chicken soup ( I used cream of chicken)
1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream

Add chicken to slow cooker. Sprinkle taco seasoning over chicken. Mix salsa and soup; pour over chicken. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. Shred chicken with a fork and stir in sour cream until heated, then serve over rice or in tortillas.

No comments: