3/27/09

But it was good....

Today my co-worker and I ate at The Highlander. I first learned about it on an episode of Diners, Drive-ins and Dives. The episode had a segment about the jerk chili they served at the Highlander. It looked delish and I added it our list of restaurants to try out.

When we got there it was pouring down raining and there weren't many patrons. I guess it was due to the weather since on the show, the place was packed. OK, this place really is a dive and not my style but I'll try it out.

I shared an appetizer of Kari- Kari (fried pot stickers with cream cheese and crab meat) with my co-worker and they were delicious. For my meal, I decided to try the Chicken Philly with a cup of the jerk chili on the side. The chili was off the chain good. It was a symphony of flavor with a good kick of spice and a hint of sweetness. I actually preferred the chili to the Chicken Philly. Once I had my fill of everything, I had the remaining items packaged to go.

I returned to work and continued about my day. Around 3p.m. I began to feel sick. I spent the next 6 hours extremely ill. I am not sure what caused it but needless to say, I promptly threw my left overs away. After speaking with my co-worker, she was not feeling well either. We believe it was the Kari-Kari but to be on the safe side I don't see myself going there again. Hopefully, my next meal won't take me through the ringer.

No comments: