3/13/09

Do I have the Skills?


When I was growing up my mother baked the best cakes. In our town she was known as the cake lady. Birthday? Wedding? Just because celebration? Chances are if you are from Selma, AL you have tasted Mrs Bernice's wedding cake or famous red velvet cake.

When I was a child, I remember watching her decorate cakes. She would skillfully create roses out of icing. Trying to be like my mother I would pick up her supplies and with vain attempt to create one. Fast forward 25+ years and I decide to finally try it again. On 3/3/09 I began the Wilton Cake Decorating Course I. Of course, my mother is happy that I taking this on. I am equally excited since I have been wanting to do this for sometime now and just never got around to it. I'll post pictures of my class projects. This should be interesting. :-)


No comments: