2/7/10

Financial Fast ….Check!

A few weeks ago I started a financial fast. Today is day 21 and I am proud to say I accomplished my goal.

Earlier today, I was interested to see how much money I spent in the same time frame in previous months. Since I rarely use cash and can wear out the magnetic stripe on my debit card I used my banking statements to gather the information. Due to the holidays I decided to look at September and October 2009 for a more accurate average estimate. I discovered I spent an average of $443.12 each 21 day period on non essential expenses. So what is a non essential expense? Shopping, eating out, eating out, shopping and eating out. Ok I did have $90 hair appointment thrown in there but you catch the drift. I spent $443.12 on eating out and shopping? Really Nika? For this reason alone I will continue to monitor my spending as I would like to make it a lifestyle change. Maybe now I can actually meet my saving goals and stop wondering where in the world my money went.

No comments: