11/6/09

Another Check... 15th New Restaurant!

While living in Chicago, one of my girlfriends and I would watch a local PBS show, Check Please. Three local residents selected their favorite restaurant to chronicle and the remaining panelists had to go out and try it as well and provide a review of it. My friend and I would then go out and try some of the new spots we learned of. It was a great experience as we got to try out new places besides the national chains we constantly frequented.

At the beginning of my day zero journey, I decided I wanted to try 15 new restaurants in Atlanta . As before, they had to be new to me and could not be mass chain restaurants. Today, my trusty co-workers and I dined at our 15th new to us restaurant, The Nook.

The Nook is located directly across the street from Piedmont Park in the midtown area of Atlanta. I really loved the neighborhood feel of the place as well as the friendliness of the staff. Plus the food did not disappoint. Below are a few pictures of our meals. Check them out if you get the chance.

I am not a mac and cheese fan but had to try their version with bacon. OMG....so delish! We all split a side order.

My choice- mesquite smoked wings with spicy Coca-Cola bbq sauce


Yes those are tater tots. Both my co-workers ordered Totchos. The first picture is of the Philly Totchos and the second picture of the Nacho Totchos. Its such a cute concept and obviously delicious since both of them became members of the clean plate club.

1 comment:

Mrs. G said...

Who doesn't live tator tots? Yum!