6/3/10

It's been a long time....

.... I shouldn't have left you...

Hello everyone!

It really has been a long time since my last post. I've had a lot of things happen in my personal life in the past few months that distracted me from my 101 journey. Well things are beginning to look better and I can focus on achieving my goals.

All was not lost during my hiatus. I finally made myself read a non-fiction book. Oddly enough this was hard despite my joy of reading. Like many others I prefer to read as a escape and fiction fits the bill. Any who, to aid in my professional development I read Empowering Yourself, The Organizational Game Revealed by Harvey Coleman. Coming from a world of social services to a corporate environment this is exactly what I needed. Now my task is to put what I've read into action.

Next up on the non-fiction reading goal is "Why Are All the Black Kids Sitting Together in the Cafeteria? " A Psychologist Explains the Development of Racial Identity by Beverly Daniel Tatum, PhD. I am scheduled to attend a book club discussion with the author in two weeks and I hope to have it complete by then. I'll be sure write an update upon my completion of the book.

No comments: