3/21/09

My first GTG

First let me say I am an introvert with extrovert tendencies. I normally stay within my comfort zone unless I have to get out of it. At work, I joined Toastmasters to pull me out of my 9-5 shell. To become more sociable in my private life, I decided to attend my first Brown and Bridal get together.

For those of you not familiar, Brown and Bridal (BAB) is an online community of African American women who are at various stages of relationships. A majority of the members are planning wedding hence the bridal piece of the name. Although, I am no longer planning a wedding I enjoy the community that has developed there. Women from around the world log on to share in each other lives and provide a network of support. Each month, members residing in the same city, gather together to get to know each other from behind the computer screen. I decided to finally attend one.

It was held on March 21st at Murphy's Restaurant located in the Virginia Highlands area of Atlanta. I must say, I truly enjoyed myself and getting to meet some of the other wonderful ladies who grace BAB. I look forward to attend another GTG in the future.

No comments: