8/17/10

Martha Stewart Cupcake Update

I recently tried two more recipes from the Martha Stewart Cupcake Book. First up was the devil food cupcake with chocolate ganache. Let me preface this by saying I L-O-V-E chocolate and thought this would be a good match for me. The cupcakes were just ok to me buy L liked them. The chocolate ganache was a huge disappointment. I guess I should have read the directions more carefully before beginning. There are several time consuming steps involved and I was way to impatient. Also, the chocolate I used was too bitter (I'm a milk chocolate gal myself). I will try this recipe again and tweak it with the things I've learned. I'll be sure to update with a new review.

The second cupcake recipe was a hit. I decided to try the marble cupcake recipe. Since L is not a fan of marble cake I shared them with my co-workers who were excited to receive a sweet treat. I am really pleased at how these turned out and will be making them again.

No comments: